George Sheffer is no stranger to Victor’s. His debut into the culinary arts began in his teens while employed here at Victor’s as a dishwasher then a busser.
George eventually worked his way into the kitchen. He found his calling and left Victor’s to pursue a degree in the Culinary Arts at the Yorktowne Business Institute.
While going to school, he trained at several restaurants. George then acquired an internship with Disney World’s Wilderness Lodge, Artists Point, a Disney flagship restaurant.
After completing his internship, he was hired on as Advanced Culinary. George later acquired a position as the Chef Tournade at Founder’s Inn, Swan Terrace Restaurant, Virginia Beach, Va. He also worked for Wickey’s in their offsite commissary.
Just prior to his employment at Victor’s he was the Executive Chef at a local restaurant in York. While there, George developed their new kitchen.
Since George Sheffer has joined our team in November of 2008, we have received awards and recognition including:
- “Best of York” for Italian Restaurants 2009 to 2014
- “Best of York” for Fine Dining Restaurants 2010 & 2015
- Best Italian Restaurant in York, Susquehanna Style Magazine 2013 to 2016
- Silver Spoon Award, Susquehanna Style Magazine 2011 to 2015
- OpenTable Diner’s Choice Award 2013 to 2016