Welcome to the 2016 Victor’s Bocce League.
This year will be special. After several years of planning, hand wringing, sweating and swearing, we will be debuting the long anticipated new and improved bocce court. I would like to take the opportunity to thank our federal, state and local governmental agencies for the pleasant and efficient manor in which projects like this come to see the light of day. The new court will be a little longer, a little wider, a little smoother and a whole lot faster and challenging. But wait…There’s more. Thanks to the move you will be able to eat and drink whatever your heart’s desire all delivered from the restaurant to your court side table with a smile.
There will be one other major change to keep in mind as we sign up and commit to playing. We have changed the schedule to finish the season before Labor Day. The past few seasons have seen it’s share of conflicts with College and Pro Football so we are adapting the schedule to make life easier for all those fans. Let me know if you have any other suggestions. As you all know it normally run’s like a well oiled machine (wink, wink) still we are always looking for ways to make it more enjoyable for all.
We are looking forward to a another great summer of play culminating in our end of season tournament and party. We are again excited to have 5 flights of 11 teams each. Each team will play 10 teams in their flight during the regular season. Rolloffs/Playoffs will be played the week before the final tournament, if needed. Please start scheduling your games as soon as you receive your scheduling instructions and link , do not wait until August and try to play all your games in three weeks~ between bad weather and other’s vacation schedules this does not work. Call or email the other teams in your flight to schedule, and then record it on the Bocce Schedule in Google. Come in early before a scheduled match or hang out after a match and schedule your next match/matches using the wireless network at the restaurant. Ask your bartender for the password. Please do not contact the restaurant to schedule or change matches. Please do not put your name on the schedule unless you have a definite match scheduled, you may not “hold’ time slots without an opponent. If your plans change for the time you signed up, please remember to take yourself off the schedule to allow others to play at that time. Weather cancellations are to be agreed upon by both teams in advance or at the time of play. Balls and the Bocce Binder are located with the bartenders. When you are finished playing please return the balls and the binder to the bartender and hand your scorecard to the bartender separately so it can be recorded. Scores are posted weekly on the boards posted in the bar. If playing after daylight hours, ask the bartender to turn on the bocce court lights. Please remember to ask the bartender to turn them off when you are finished playing so they are not shining in our neighbors’ back windows all night.
There is a copy of Victor’s Bocce House Rules and “Bocce” Step-by-Step How to Play the Game Bocce and Rules in the Bocce Binder. If you have any other questions Mark, Sam, Ann Marie, Marie and the bar staff will be glad to assist you.
Victor’s Bocce House Rules
ALL alcoholic beverages must be purchased at VICTOR’S!!!
The court closes at 10:00PM in consideration of our neighbors.
You MUST rake the court after games and after practice.
- Only one player on the court at a time during play.
- NO coaching from the side lines. Players may coach his/her partner.
- Both feet must be inside the court when rolling.
- Opponent’s balls exact distance from jack~ last person to roll, rolls again.
- Opponent rolls wrong color ball… replace it with his/her ball.
- Jack out of court… restart frame.
- Season matches… 7 points. You must win by 2 points.
- Play off matches… 9 points. You must win by 2 points.
- Championship matches… 11 points. You must win by 2 points.
- Matches may be played on Sunday afternoon if you sign the balls out Saturday evening after play is over, and return them by 11:00 AM on Monday.
- Only two (2) subs allowed during regular season play. NO subs are allowed for the playoffs and championship
*Exception* Player is unable to finish the season due to physical disability and you have a permanent sub.
- Losing team rakes the court.
- Coin toss winner rolls 1st and picks ball color.
- Players that do not finish the season are not eligible to play next season.
- Forfeit determined when match is scheduled and opponents are more then 10 minutes late without a phone call.
- Unplayed matches receive zero (0) points… exception~ forfeit.
- Bocce Committee will settle questionable matters.